Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting Renovating Mums. By using the Renovating Mums website you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions of use. These terms apply to all visitors and users who access and use this website. We reserve the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any given time and without notice to you. By continuing to use the Renovating Mums website after any revisions have been made effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms, whether or not you have reviewed them. Accordingly, Renovating Mums advises you to check this page regularly.
1. Directory Listings
To qualify to be listed in our Directory Listings your business must be:
- located in Australia;
- provide services/shipping to Australia;
- suited to one or more of the website’s categories;
- regularly open to the public; and
- submitted by the business owner or authorised agent.
We reserve the right to decline businesses that don’t meet the above criteria.
Photos and Information Privacy
Photos make your listing more attractive and enable your business or event to be featured in our other marketing channels. When adding photos, please ensure:
- they are free from text, logos or marketing messages;
- they accurately represent your business or event;
- you own the copyright or have permission from the copyright owner;
- you have permission from any people that can be identified in the image;
- if children are identifiable, you have written consent from their parent/guardian they are taken in a lawful, fair and direct manner.
2. Listing Features
The businesses that are featured in our directory pay a monthly membership fee. As part of this fee, there are a number of features which are sponsored, including advertisements. For more details, please view our subscription page. There are a number of independent features which do not incur a cost including any reviews on our blog and any non-sponsored mention in our social media channels.
We aim to keep a balance between providing a promotion service to the independent businesses, and also ensuring that you get an honest representation of the businesses featured.
3. Customer Rating and Reviews
By submitting any content to Renovating Mums, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 18 years old;
- Use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
- If leaving a negative review, the works must have been performed within the last 12 months and you must have included in your comments what steps you took to try and resolve your issues.
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be,defamatory, libelous,h ateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
You agree to indemnify and hold Renovating Mums (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable solicitor fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Renovating Mums a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
All content that you submit may be used at Renovating Mums’s sole discretion. Renovating Mums reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on Renovating Mums’s website that Renovating Mums deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions. Renovating Mums does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Renovating Mums to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within one to three business days. However, Renovating Mums reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not Renovating Mums, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Renovating Mums, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Renovating Mums, its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Renovating Mums will make every attempt to publish true and accurate information, however we cannot guarantee that there will never be any errors or mistakes in published material. Renovating Mums does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained in this site. Additionally, Renovating Mums disclaims all liability to any person relying wholly or partially upon any information presented in this site in respect of anything, and the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done.
Our website contains links to businesses that are not owned or controlled by Renovating Mums and are considered an “external website”. Renovating Mums assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of the businesses websites or the services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that Renovating Mums shall not be responsible for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such Business. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any Businesses that you visit or engage the services of.
Businesses are requested to advise us if there are any changes to their services or products, however the businesses are free to make changes to the service they provide and any product range including price, quality and quantity. These matters are outside the control of Renovating Mums and we accept no responsibility for any changes made by these Businesses.
You indemnify Renovating Mums against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Any legal issues arising in relation to the use of this website will be dealt with under the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Illegal activity under those laws will be a violation of these terms, but as the website is accessible worldwide you should be aware that you could be prosecuted under the law of those jurisdictions.
We will never give your personal information to any individual or company for commercial purposes.
You must ensure that your personal information in the Marketplace is not false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, defamatory, fraudulent.
6. Copyright and Acknowledgments
Renovating Mums reserves all intellectual property rights, including all content within the Renovating Mums website. You may print single copies of any pages of this website for your own personal and non-commercial use but must not otherwise reproduce any material on this website in any form without the express written consent of Renovating Mums.
By joining Renovating Mums, our businesses give us the right to use any image on their website in an effort to highlight specific products and direct users back to their website. It is the responsibility of each business to ensure that they have the right to use and publish all images on their website. Renovating Mums will not be responsible for any copyright or trademark issues of images supplied to us by Businesses.
If you act in anyway which contradicts these terms and conditions, Renovating Mums have the right to terminate your membership without warning and may refuse any and all current or future use of the website.